12.21.2010

TKAM-Jem's Journal

September 07, 1939
            I was glad Dill left in early September so he wouldn’t have the chance to make me do dares anymore. In the morning, Scout and I walked to school together. My teacher started talking about a new teacher who came in September to teach the first graders. My teacher also said that she had learned a new teaching method and commented on her appearance. At break, Scout told me what happened in her class. I thought it was funny that Ms. Caroline, Scout’s teacher, was too amazed that Scout could read and write without teaching her. Maybe she was jealous of Atticus’s teaching method since her new method of teaching did not seem to be working out so well. Yet, it was ridiculous when she told Scout not to let Atticus teach her anymore because every parent would want to teach their kids with the best they can. Scout liked Atticus reading her newspapers and was afraid that those happy times would be gone forever. I tried to comfort Scout and told that Ms. Caroline had a new teaching method; therefore she would teach differently. I peeped into Scout’s classroom to have a quick glance at Scout’s teacher. She was beautiful and innocent like an angel and wore red and white stripped dress with high-heel and crimson fingernail polish. At that moment, I thought I was in heaven looking at this glorious and elegant angel. I didn’t pay much attention in class and I was lucky that my teacher didn’t pick on me. I was daydreaming of Ms. Caroline and her beauty. I guessed that was difference between someone who was from the city and someone who was from a town, but I knew that Scout would not like her much. I think she should know more about the people in Maycomb, so people would like her more.

No comments:

Post a Comment