12.23.2010

TKAM-Jem's Journal

September 09, 1940
            These days I was silent and afraid of telling what happened that night. That night I went back to the fence to retrieve my pants; I was astonished when I saw my pants were folded across the fence and they were sewed up although the lines were all crooked. The most amazing thing was that Scout and I found two white miniatures in the hole of the tree, where the box of gum was found. Those two miniatures were crafted very carefully and they just looked like Scout and I! We were even surprised when we found a package of chewing gum at the same place two weeks later. We had suspected our neighbors, but no one was a match. I was wondering whoever gave those things to us had to be very gentle and caring. Although I didn’t know why that person gave these precious gifts to us, I was very thankful to that person. Therefore, we decided to put a thank you letter in the hole the next day. To our astonishment, the hole was filled with hard cement and that put an end on our relationship and the communication with that person. I was too upset, and I couldn’t control my tears from falling. It felt like the time when I lost mom and I would never see her again.
           Although that person gave us gifts, watching other people or following them was very frightening because one would never know whether that person was psychic or not. I was very suspicious of people who were walking behind us, and I often looked around to see if anyone was watching us.

No comments:

Post a Comment