12.22.2010

TKAM-Jem's Journal

July 03, 1940
            School finally ended, and summer came. Once summer came, Dill also came to play with us for the whole summer time. Scout found some gum in the hole of the tree at the edge of the Radley lot. We were so surprised, but it was strange at the same time. Since we didn’t want the box of gum land on other people’s hand, we decided that we would keep it until school starts.
            After two days, Dill arrived. Scout was laughing at me for believing in Hot Steam. I was so angry at her, but I didn’t know how to fight back. We decided to play rolling in the tire, and it was the time for my revenge on Scout. I pushed her as hard as I could down the sidewalk, but the tire bumped and stopped at the Radley Place. I was worried that Scout could be eaten by Boo at any moment, but I didn’t have the guts to help her to get out. I screamed as loud as I could , and Scout came back safely. Then we were playing Boo’s big scene until Atticus came back. Atticus didn’t like us to bother Boo, but such mysterious man could not stop our curiosity and imaginations. By observing Atticus’s face, I bet he was suspecting us, but I think he didn’t have the proof so he couldn’t accuse us. He went away with the scissors. Our play was eventually stopped.               
            Role-playing the Radley family was fun; Dill was so talented that he role-played his character really well. If Atticus didn’t come home so early, we would be playing still and having so much fun. I bet Atticus was not a curiosity when he was a boy. Since he was homeschooled, he was different from children nowadays.

No comments:

Post a Comment