12.22.2010

TKAM-Jem's Journal

August 06, 1940
             Dill and I had been planning a plan to give Boo a note for a few days. Because of Scout was being girly these days, we decided not to let her join our mission. Yet, Scout came finally and asked what we were doing these days. We thought three people would work better than two people, so we let her join in and we made sure that she would shut her big mouth from telling Atticus.
            Our mission began. Dill and Scout were going to ring the bell if there was anyone coming near to the Radley Place, and I was going to give the note to Boo by using a fishing pole. We were still afraid of going near the Radley Place; we decided to do it near their lot. It was difficult to put the note through the window, especially by using a fishing pole. My hands were sweaty already, and they became sweatier when Dill was ringing the bell. My nerves became tight, and my heart was beating faster and faster and I was breathing with difficulty. Then I became clumsier eventually when I knew there was not much time left. Atticus’s face was crimson red when he saw what I was doing, and I knew there would not be good news for me. I had never seen Atticus like this before, but I was angry too because I just wanted to invite Boo to come out and play with us and I had done no harm to him or the Radleys.
            If Atticus understood what I was thinking, I guessed that he would not scold me nor be mad at me. Yet, Atticus really made me angry today, and I would not forgive him in a short amount of time. I didn’t think I have done anything wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment